- 1 Best Shower Curtain Rods 2018- Buying Guides and Reviews
- 1.1 Compare: The 10 Best Shower Curtain Bars
- 1.1.1 The Best Shower Curtain Rods 2018
- 1.1.2 Share this:
- 1.1.3 Like this:
- 1.1.4 Related
- 1.1 Compare: The 10 Best Shower Curtain Bars
Best Shower Curtain Rods 2018- Buying Guides and Reviews
Taking a shower is a daily task that everyone has to do, and this must be a relaxing moment. If you have been sweating outdoors and working, you should be able to get in and enjoy a good hot shower. At the end of a long day at work, a shower can be a great way to relax before watching television, reading, or going to bed. However, the design of some shower bars makes it almost impossible to enjoy your bath time.
That’s because most of the shower bars are perfectly straight. The angle at which they hang to hold the curtain and the lining in place often results in a feeling of tightness when taking a shower. You may even have problems with the coating and the curtain blowing back on you, and this can surely ruin your relaxing experience. Luckily, there is a quick and easy solution that not only frees up space in the shower, but also improves the appearance of your bathroom, and that is a curved shower rod.
Compare: The 10 Best Shower Curtain Bars
InterDesign Astor Shower Curtain Tension Rod – Best Cheap Shower Curtain Rod 2018
Instead of spending time and money renovating your shower for extra space, why not expand your elbow room to right around $ 30 with this affordable curved shower rod? You’ll get more space and improve the look of your bathroom with this durable brushed stainless steel bar , which seems to cost a lot more than it actually does.
You will not have to worry about the difficult installation. Just adjust, rotate, and you’re ready to use; It is really so easy. You will not put holes in the wall, and the non-slip feet are designed to not add any damage, making it a great option for rental properties. It is very durable, does not rust, and is extremely safe, so you can hang your heavy shower curtain without worry.
- It has an elegant and modern design
- It is very affordable
- The installation is simple
- It does not rust in most cases
- It comes in three lengths
- Rust can form over time with hard water
- Not as safe as a wall-mounted rod
Moen CSR2155BN Inspirations 5-Foot Decorative Curved Shower Rod – Best Shower Curtain Rod 2018 For Money
You can always expect quality products from Moen, and this curved shower rod is a great update that is available at a fair price. Begin by selecting the finish that will look best in your bathroom, then use the included hardware for safe and secure installation.
Multiple holes are drilled in this rod for maximum safety, and matching end caps are included to cover the holes made during installation. Once installed, you can enjoy an additional six to seven inches of shower space.
- It is backed with a limited lifetime warranty against defects in finish and design problems
- It has beautiful and classic style
- It is quite easy to install and comes with detailed instructions
- It is very safe when mounted
- Can be cut for smaller spaces
- The decorative covers are difficult to install
- It is not adjustable and only fits spaces from 59 to 60 inches
Moen DN2141BN Adjustable Double Curved Shower Rod – Best Bar Shower Curtain in General
If what you are looking for is a safe rod that completely updates the look of your shower, look no further. This Moen bar is not only designed with a modern curve that is designed to offer you more space but also has a double design that allows you to hang your curtain and liner separately.
Your shower will feel more spacious than ever once you install this rod, which is easy to do with detailed instructions and rugged hardware. You will have your choice of three great finishes, which are backed with Moen’s limited lifetime warranty against defects. It is resistant to rust and corrosion, so you do not have to worry about losing its shine over time.
- Installs safely in most standard tubs and showers
- It comes backed with a lifetime guarantee
- It looks very modern and elegant
- The rod comes completely assembled and does not require assembly
- All hardware is included for a secure installation
- It is extremely robust and durable
- It can be difficult to install
- It’s more expensive than other curved bars
The Best Shower Curtain Rods 2018
What is a shower curtain rod?
Nothing ruins a nice shower like the rapid break of your shower curtain rod falling and hitting the floor. Not only is it a great way to get out of the shower with a new complex, it is likely to create a bit of a mess all over the floor, being that the curtain that hung from the bar is now unable to do its job effectively. Of course, such a scenario can be avoided directly by choosing a shower curtain rod that is more likely to hold its position in the first place.
Unlike a traditional shower rod, a curved shower rod is not designed to be completely straight. One end of the shower rod is attached to the wall, while gradually bending more towards the center. In the middle, it begins to curve again at the other end, which is attached to the second wall. This design allows you to hang your shower curtain and liner safely, while also providing you with more shower space.
What are the advantages of owning a shower curtain rod?
Waterproofing your shower or tub/shower combination is essential both for your safety and for cleaning purposes. Puddles on the entire floor of the bathroom can pose a risk of falling and injury, apart from being a real nuisance when it comes to cleaning. Glass bathtub and shower doors do the job of keeping the water inside your shower area very well. Shower curtains are another practical decision. They are cheaper than glass doors and require less maintenance. In addition, they can enhance the design of your bathroom, bringing a fresh accent into the overall atmosphere.
If you decide to buy shower curtains for your bathroom, you should also consider choosing a matching shower curtain rod. It is a very basic bathroom accessory, however, it is impossible to hang shower curtains without one. The design of most of the rods comprises a horizontal bar and two end caps to hide the mounting hardware. The best shower curtain rods are robust enough to hold even heavy shower curtains. Some of them come with a double bar design so you can hang a curtain and a lining on them. The length of most models can be adjusted to meet the needs of any customer.
What are the different types of shower curtain rods?
If you want to feel like you have a larger shower without spending thousands on bathroom renovations, adding a curved shower bar is an affordable way to update your space. If you want to buy one of these modern bars, there are two types that are available for your consideration.
- Tension-mounted shower bar – These rods are the easiest to install, and can be easily moved or removed if necessary. No tools are required to hang these rods. Simply twist the rod to adjust the length between the two walls. Then, when everything is in the correct position, simply rotate it in the opposite way to tighten it in its place. You will not have to worry about the screws that damage your walls, and these rods are installed in a matter of seconds. The only drawback is that they are not as safe as the rods mounted on the wall, but they are strong enough to support a shower curtain and a lining without sagging.
- Wall mounted shower rod – These rods are fixed to the walls with screws. The tools are necessary for proper installation, and measurement and leveling are necessary, which makes them a bit more difficult to install than tension bars. These are a more permanent solution if you do not plan to move or uninstall the rod in the short term. They are also safer than tension-mounted rods. Both types come in a variety of designs, finishes, and lengths.
Considerations to choose the best shower curtain rod 2018
Once you’ve decided between a tension-mounted rod and a wall-mounted rod, you should consider exactly which rod is right for your bathroom. You will find that there are hundreds of bars to choose from, so use the following criteria to reduce your purchase.
Shower rods are generally very affordable. However, expect to pay more for a more solid and well-designed bar that is resistant to oxidation and corrosion.
Ease of installation
If you do not want to spend time measuring, leveling and mounting a rod, choose a voltage-mounted product that installs in minutes without the need for tools or hardware.
Until recently, the shower bars used to come in a standard, straight form. Nowadays, they come in a variety of ways to meet the needs of any client. The curved bars are the most practical of all types. They match most bathroom and shower facilities and create some extra space in your shower area. Apart from straight and curved, the shower bars can be L-shaped, U-shaped, circular, oval, square and rectangular.
Place of assembly
Based on the installation site, the bars for shower curtains can be mounted on the wall and on the ceiling. If wall-mounted units can fit in both tubs and showers, roof-mounted rods work best with separate bathtubs. It will be better to choose the rod according to your needs.
Depending on the type of installation, the shower curtain rods can be fixed or tensioned. The fixed bars are traditional. They are fixed to the wall with the help of mounting hardware. Tension rods are easier to install since they do not require any hardware. These units come with built-in springs that maintain tension to hold the rod in place. However, fixed models are considered a safer option because they offer a more secure wall attachment.
You want your shower rod to match your existing accessories as well as complement your shower curtain, paint, and bathroom decor. The most popular among them are chrome, nickel, bronze, brass, stainless steel, black and white. You can also find models with colors as sophisticated as bone, linen, sage, tea rose and more.
Your rod will be useless if it is not the appropriate length. For a stable installation, be sure to measure the space between your two walls for the perfect fit.
There are many varieties of brands in the market, therefore, one should be careful when buying a curtain rod. A good curtain rod is the exact same size as your bathroom. It is good to look for the curtain shower rod that complements the curtain rings. It is also good to look for material that is durable, corrosion and free rust.
A quality shower rod is a great way to upgrade your bathroom for less than $ 100. If you want durability, stability, and style that will last through thousands of showers, choose the curved shower rod Moen DN2141BN double. Even though it may be a bigger investment at first, the quality construction and unbeatable guarantee this rod will improve your bathroom for a lifetime.