- 1 Best Bathroom Scales 2018 – Buying Guides and Reviews
- 1.1 Compare: The 10 Best Bathroom Scales 2018
- 1.1.1 The Best Bathroom Scales 2018
- 22.214.171.124 What is a bathroom scale?
- 126.96.36.199 What are the advantages of a bathroom scale?
- 188.8.131.52 What are the different types of bathroom scales?
- 184.108.40.206 Considerations to choose the best bathroom scale 2018
- 220.127.116.11 conclusion
- 1.1.2 Share this:
- 1.1.3 Like this:
- 1.1.4 Related
- 1.1 Compare: The 10 Best Bathroom Scales 2018
Best Bathroom Scales 2018 – Buying Guides and Reviews
Almost everyone could benefit from a good bathroom scale. There is a reason why you weigh yourself in each physical examination: Being more or less of the recommendations of healthy weight is linked to an increased risk of health problems. Keeping up with your weight is essential for good health. If you are watching what you eat, trying to bulk up for work, or just want to keep track of your weight, a bathroom scale is the best way to do this.
Bathroom scales are small, light, and easily fit in your bathroom. You can control your weight daily with an easy-to-use scale that accurately shows what you weigh. With the latest models, you can even follow other aspects of your health just by stepping on the scale.
Compare: The 10 Best Bathroom Scales 2018
Smart Weigh Precision Digital Vanity / Bathroom Scale – Best Cheap Bathroom Scale
This Smart Weigh scale is a great device for your bathroom if you are looking for a scale that is accurate, consistent and easy to use. You do not have to fumble with a lot of different configurations. You just step on the scale and get your weight displayed in large numbers, easy to read in a backlit LED display.
The modern design of the glass will look great in your bathroom, and you can select from black accents or silver for the perfect match. High precision sensors ensure that you get the most accurate reading every time, no more false readings or inconsistencies in your weight.
- The crystal design looks great and is robust and durable
- The price is right for any budget
- It is easy to use and extremely accurate
- It has an extra 12 “x 12” platform for easy use
- It has up to 330 pounds
- The screen is very easy to read with large numbers and backlighting
- It has a 2-years warranty
- Uses CR2032 batteries, which are more expensive than normal batteries
- The weight can be inconsistent if it is not placed on a solid and flat surface. It lacks the additional features found in the most expensive scales.
EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale – Best Bathroom Scale for Money
Stop pushing your back and struggle to read those numbers with the Precision EatSmart digital bathroom scale. This scale has a large 3.5 “screen with blue backlight, so you can always easily read its weight.
This scale has four high precision sensors that provide a constant and precise weight, time after time. It autocalibra, it turns off automatically and uses 4 AAA batteries, which are cheaper than typical. The spacious 12.5 “x 12.5” platform is comfortable to stand on, and the non-slip glass helps you avoid slips and falls.
- This model is accurate within .1 pound
- It has three weight settings: pounds, kilos and stones
- It’s easy to use. The tempered glass design improves its decoration
- Uses low cost AAA batteries
- Simply step on the scale to use it, no tapping is required
- It lacks many of the features of high-end scales
- Not accurate when not placed on a flat, level surface
- It takes about 10 seconds to record the weight, more than other scales
Withings Wireless Scale WS-30 – Best Bathroom Scale in General
If you are following a health regimen, you want to track your weight every day or every week. Get rid of paper and pencil and let the scale hold you. This Withings scale is equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, allowing you to wirelessly track your results through your favorite application.
You will easily be able to keep up with your body weight and body mass index (BMI) with this simple scale that contains a lot of features. Is there more than one person in your home setting fitness goals? It is not a problem. With multi-user configuration, everyone can easily track their numbers with this modern wireless scale.
- Multi-user configurations allow up to eight different users to track their weight and BMI
- It connects wirelessly to your network to track your progress
- Can be used with more than 100 popular fitness and health applications
- Uses 4 AAA batteries that last up to 1 year
- Can be used with Bluetooth if you do not have a PC
- You can easily share your progress with others
- It is accurate
- It is easy to set up and use
- It is quoted at a higher price point than other scales
- It is not compatible with all versions of iOS and Android
The Best Bathroom Scales 2018
What is a bathroom scale?
A bathroom scale is a small, flat electronic device that a person uses to track their weight. These scales are easy to use; All you have to do is walk on it, stand still and wait a few seconds until the screen shows your weight in pounds, kilograms or the chosen unit of measurement.
Bathroom scales are small enough to fit in bathrooms of any size, and can also be stored in a linen closet or in a closet when not in use. Bathroom scales can be made of plastic, stainless steel or even tempered glass to coordinate with the decoration of your bathroom.
Modern bathroom scales are far from yesterday’s models. Mechanical scales, once the only type you could buy, are still available and are still favored by some. However, these scales also have some disadvantages. They show the weight with an analog dial and a pointer of the needle, which introduces a certain inaccuracy compared to digital displays. In addition, the internal operation of a mechanical scale can be surprisingly delicate, composed of small parts, including springs that lend themselves to wear, causing inaccuracies. Because modern digital scales are typically better and better values, we do not cover mechanical scales in this report.
What are the advantages of a bathroom scale?
If you or your doctor have decided that a weight loss or weight gain program is beneficial to your health, a bathroom scale helps you monitor your progress accurately. You can use your scale at home anytime you want to see if you have gained or lost weight. A bathroom scale is an essential tool for anyone who is carefully monitoring their health. It is more advantageous to have a small scale bathroom scale similar to that used by your doctor because it is small, light, easy to move and mixes with the decoration of your bathroom without taking up too much space.
Significant weight changes may suggest changes in health or lifestyle that need your attention. Even simple monitoring of your weight could be beneficial in the long term: several studies, including the one done in the National Weight Control Registry, have found that one of the most common characteristics of people who lose weight and, most importantly, keeping it off for years afterwards is a regular weighing (at least weekly).
What are the different types of bathroom scales?
Buying a high-quality bathroom scale is a must if you are looking at your weight. However, there are many different types to choose from. Take a look at the different types of scales to determine which one is right for your bathroom.
- Analog scales – These scales are very simple, basic models that only show their weight and nothing else. Unlike digital scales, they do not require a battery, they can be calibrated manually and are usually the cheapest.
- Digital Scales – Digital scales show their weight on an LCD screen. You do not have to look at a quadrant to see what your weight is because it is displayed on the screen. There are regular digital scales, as well as large letters that are easy to see without bending. Many digital scales can also have body fat percentage calculators and other integrated functions.
- WiFi scales – Wi-Fi scales use the latest technology to give you an accurate reading of your weight. These scales can be used with fitness bands and applications to keep up with your progress. These scales usually have more additional features than digital and analog scales, but come with a higher price.
Considerations to choose the best bathroom scale 2018
If you have decided that part of staying healthy means weighing yourself at home, it is time for you to select an accurate bathroom scale that meets your needs. There are thousands of scales available, so the decision that one meets your needs can be quite difficult. When buying a bathroom scale, keep an eye on these four key considerations that are used to help you with your purchase decision.
As with any other product, bathroom scales vary a lot in price. The scales vary in price from around ten dollars to hundreds of dollars for a more advanced scale. Determine what features you can not live without setting a budget for your new scale.
A scale is not useful if it does not provide accurate measurements. Look for a design that goes beyond to make sure you get an accurate reading of your weight every time you step on the scale.
Women who are pregnant or who might become pregnant have unique needs when it comes to controlling their weight. In addition, many pregnant women do not want impedance measurements, which are taken through soft electrical impulses sent through the feet to estimate body composition (ie, body fat, bone density, and water percentage). People who have an implanted health device, such as a pacemaker, are often cautioned not to use impedance scales either.
Since a bathroom scale is usually left out all the time, you want a scale that matches your decor. Most modern scales are available in neutral colors like black or white, or you can add a splash of color to a fun design. Stainless steel and glass scales are becoming more popular and go with any bathroom color or theme.
Smart scales are enabled for Bluetooth or Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi scales generally cost more because they require more components to function. They are also much more convenient.
In order for your daily weights to turn off on a Bluetooth scale and in the application where they will be scanned, you need a Bluetooth device by your side. If you leave your smartphone, fitness monitor or watch in the other room, you will not get lucky until you are within Bluetooth range. (Some scales can save a recorded weight until the next synchronization, but the cheapest ones do not.) A scale enabled for Wi-Fi does not have this problem. Synchronize your data as long as you have a decent signal from your Wi-Fi router. In my experience, Wi-Fi synchronization is also more reliable, while Bluetooth synchronization fails from time to time.
If you only want to see how much weights, a basic and economic scale will satisfy your needs. However, if you want to go beyond the numbers on the scale and learn about your body fat and other important aspects of health, a more advanced scale is the best addition to your bathroom.
When you have decided to make a lifestyle change and get your weight to a healthy range, a bathroom scale is a must-have for your home. To keep up with your progress quickly and easily, a scale that uses Wi-Fi or Bluetooth works with your favorite applications to track your progress and keep you on track. The Withings Wireless Scale WS-30 is a great option. As far as wireless scales go, it has an affordable price, is compatible with the most popular applications, and helps you easily track your weight and BMI, so you can hit all your health and fitness goals with ease.